A safe, welcoming place to learn
Stillwater has transformed from a junior high to a middle school serving students in grades 6-8 with hands-on and engaging learning experiences. Students are encouraged to explore their interests and passions in each subject throughout the day. Middle school students have unique needs, and we’re here to support them every step of the way as they transition into adolescence and adulthood.
Learning is made more meaningful and engaging with:
- Integrated learning opportunities
- Hands-on projects
- Real-world problem solving
- Digital devices and technology
- Community experts
- 4Cs – Communication, Collaboration, Critical thinking, Creativity
Learning is personalized based on each student’s strengths, passions and unique needs:
- Exploratory experiences
- Advisory programming
- Community service activities
- Project-based learning
- Clubs, activities, sports and more
Students get to know one another and develop meaningful relationships with staff through:
- Teaming of teachers and students
- Academic and wellness counseling
- Intervention teachers (English learners, math/reading support and more)
- Strong community partnerships
percentile nationally in reading
percentile nationally in math
of our students have a 3.5 grade
point average or higher.
- Where Everyone Belongs (WEB) student mentor and anti-bullying program
- National Junior Honor Society
- Award-winning choir, band and orchestra
- Special education services
- AVID (for study skills and college prep)
- Gifted/Talented clustering in core courses and a gifted mentor for additional support
- Project Lead the Way (science, technology, enginering and math)
- STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) lab
- Cultures and world languages
- Art and design
- Community service projects
Stillwater is home to:
- Gifted and Talented Education (GATE) for identified students in grades 4-8
- EBD (emotional/behavioral disorder) district-wide cluster program
My teachers this year have shown a true desire to invest in each student and offer any additional personalization that may be necessary. Building relationships like this between students and staff is sure to guarantee success in all areas! PARENT COMMENT
Activities For All
There is something for everyone to do before or after school – from music and drama to math club and robotics.
About 60% of our students are involved in school activities
Support and Assistance
As kids transition into adolescence and adulthood, they need more support than ever. Our staff includes administrators, a School Resource Officer, counselors and a variety of individuals to provide support.
We also partner with community resources to provide students with whatever they need to succeed - from mental health support to assistance with medical care, access to food and more.
Parents are encouraged to get involved in Stillwater's PTA. The group meets monthly.